Random Acts of Living


Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Crown

No, not a jewel encrusted head ornament, but the crown off my molar that was giving me so much trouble. Do you remember when I posted "I'm In Pain"? A few days before that I had bit down on something, it wasn't something really hard either, and felt a painful "crack". The initial x-ray didn't really show a crack but hinted that there might have been one. Well, today I went to the dentist again and they extracted the offending tooth. First the crown popped off, then the tooth but not the roots. Then they had to dig out the roots and at one point found an area that didn't quite get numbed. By the time I got home I started feeling more pain but now the Lortab has kicked in and I'm not feeling so much. Now I've got to let it heal 4 to 6 months and go back to get a bridge put in. Fun, fun.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That doesn't sound like fun at all. I need to go the dentist. But as long as I'm not in pain ... I keep putting it off. I know. I know. I'm bad.

Moonshadow said...

I hear ya. I was sooo tempted to cancel out on this dentist appointment once the pain went away, but I knew I would probably regret it if I did. You really should take care of it before it starts hurting. Once it starts hurting you have no idea how soon you can get in to get help. :)

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Owwwwwwww! Man I am glad you got to the dentist! I hope you feel all better soon - I hate the dentist so bad - too scary the ones around here!

Anita said...

Aaaaaa~ Ouch!!
Yuck!

Glad it's better though!

Moonshadow said...

Thanks for the symphathy Bec & and Anita. I can't imagine a time when pain pills weren't available. When people had to deal with this kind of pain. We're such wimps nowadays. And I've read about people that have pulled their own teeth!

Anita said...

Rick pulled one of his own teeth just the other day...
I can't get him to a dentist... doesn't want to take time off of work to get an appointment...

Moonshadow said...

I would think that someone would have to have one painful tooth to be able to pull it and have it feel better.

Annie said...

I had something almost exactly like that happen to one of my teeth. It sure is nice when it's all over and done with!

Unknown said...

Looks like someone else is making use of their dental plan... :)

Moonshadow said...

Amen to that, Annie!

Rene - I wish I had a dental plan. Hubby retirement plan only has medical. I'm just fortunate that hubby has made some wise investments to hopefully take care of us. I did make use of my dental plan when I was working a few years back and had all sorts of major dental work done. I'm glad I had it done when I did or I might be a whole lot worse off now.

Peter said...

Hi! Seeing that jewel encrusted head ornaments are out, wouldn't it be nice if you could get a custom designed gold replacement tooth with a single diamond. You deserve nothing but the best.

Regards
Peter
Sydney Australia

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just how DID people manage to get dental care without drugs? I'd rather have almost any other pain than tooth pain. Bring on the drugs!