Random Acts of Living


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Looking Out My Window


The first snow of the season and it won't take long to melt, but it was a pretty good ground cover none the less. This is my view looking out the window beside my desk where my computer sits. I won't be doing a lot of window gazing when it gets really cold because my old windows leak the cold air terribly. I used to have a bird feeder on the porch where I could sit and watch the birds come in to eat, but it eventually blew away and I never got around to replacing it.

My technical difficulty I mentioned in the earlier post seems to have resolved itself. Looks like the problem was on their end of it and not mine. I hate it when I can't get hold of tech support and it seems like I only have problems in the middle of the night, on weekends, or holidays. I do like our Internet provider though, they really do try to keep me happy.

6 comments:

Anita said...

Wasn't the snow pretty!?
My internet problems start with the electric company... The electric goes out for a few seconds several times a day here in FEMAville, and it screws up the cable compamy's system every time, so my cable internet and phone are out from 10 minutes to several hours every day...

Moonshadow said...

Sounds like that's a different issue than what a battery backup could solve too. It's really frustrating to be in the middle of something and have it crash (regardless of the cause). I wrote a nice long answer to a comment last night, only to have it disappear to the netherworld when I hit enter and Internet wasn't there to get it. So I've started copying my comments before I hit enter just incase. : )

kansasrose said...

I've been having problems too...with dial-up and aol and loading anything. The snow was such a lovely surprise this morning, We need the mositure.

Moonshadow said...

ksrose - I haven't seen the weather reports, don't know if we're due for anymore anytime soon.

Hyderabad Daily Photo said...

Thanks for the information on the mill (on the winnebago). It is quite interesting. We had a very different kind of mill in the olden days. basically, there were two flat round stones. the one on top had a hole in it to pour in grain. It also had a stick attached to it near the rim using which the top stone is moved round and round. The flour comes out of the gap between the stones (all around).

The picture if the snow is very nice, although I can imagine it can be quite a task to shovel the snow in winter.

Moonshadow said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, hyderabad. Our large grist mills that were usually powered by wind or water had stones. But our smaller mills were usually made of metal...
http://www.coffeehouseinc.com/antiquecoffeemills.htm

We haven't had any snowcover worth shoveling in a few years. Last year I think we had 1 measureable snowcover, but since the hubby and I had nowhere we needed to go we didn't bother shoveling it.