Random Acts of Living


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Technical Difficulties

I am reminded of what it was like surfing the net with dialup. When the Pentium was fast and 512 meg was huge. When diskettes were sturdier and could hold more than floppies and DOS was still an option. Why am I reminded of all this? Because I'm having DSL modem issues. A few weeks back I was talking with my tech and he was surprised that I was still running on the original modem that he had installed. He wanted to come install a new modem, but the day he suggested we weren't going to be home, so he said that he'd come a day or so later and he never made it. So now I'm having serious issues with the Internet and he is apparently on vacation. I just talked with another tech and he's reset the card on his end, maybe that will take care of it for now. We'll see. If not, I'm to call him back and he'll see about getting a new modem out. Otherwise we'll replace on Monday.

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: