Random Acts of Living


Monday, December 15, 2008

Perigee Moon (also My Camera's BACK!)

Friday, ‎December ‎12, ‎2008, ‏‎3:45:10 PM
It was BIG, it was BRIGHT and it was BEAUTIFUL! I'm going to have to check the time on my camera (that's right, my Canon EOS 40D is back from the shop!) because 3:45pm seems awful early for being this dark. I wasn't sure how well this would turn out because I didn't grab my tripod and I ran outside without even putting on a sweater and I was wearing a sleeveless tank top. It was COLD outside!!! I ran around back and propped my elbow on an old barbecue, clicked off a couple shots then ran back in. The picture doesn't do it justice but I just had to get a couple shots. If you want to seem some really cool sky pictures and learn all about the heavenly activities I would suggest you visit Blackholes and Astrostuff

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Lol, you are almost as crazy as I am, sleeveless tank top and putting your elbow on a probably cold bbq, love the shot with the trees and cool clouds. it was cloudy so I didn't get a shot. So happy for you getting your camera back, do you know what was wrong with it? and I imagine it was covered by warranty. I'd like to put it on my blog if you like, just let me know.

Moonshadow said...

Bob, here's what it says in the Service Details...
"We have examined the product according to your request, and, it was found that the shutter assembly was inoperative causing an error to be displayed. The shutter assembly was replaced. Other electrical adjustments, inspection and cleaning and parts replacements were carried out."

And YES, this was covered by the warranty. I meant to call or write to see if I could find out any more about the problem. If there was anything that I should be doing differently to prevent this happening or if it was just one of those things. Feel free to post ANY of my sky shots, I know you always link back. : )

Anita said...

Love the trees....
My shot of the moon at Prairie Visions was a quick shot, too, but the wind was blowing me around so much I couldn't get a shot that wasn't blurry!
I'd like to be able to afford a "real" camera some day... maybe my photography would improve! lol...