Random Acts of Living


Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Don't Like the Weather? - Wait a Minute

Did you see my Christmas Day pictures? Did you see that there was no snow on the ground and everyone was outside in jackets? The next day, Dec. 26th the temperature got up to 69°F here, a new high. The following day....
....SNOW! And big fluffy flakes at that.
Since I was needing milk and some other things I headed out to the grocery store.
If you haven't read my blog before, we have a grocery section in our hardware store, but I was needing a little more than what they carry...
...or closest grocery store is just under 16 miles away. I drove to the store...
...with these big pretty flakes pelting my windshield. But when I had finished my shopping and came back out to my car it had stopped and I could see the clouds clearing off. Today as I write, the snow is gone and the weather is warming up again.

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Wow, no snow, we just had a big dump here 10cm, more on the way.


All the best to you and yours in 2009!!

ps did you get your 3D glasses yet?

Anonymous said...

Did you get any snow last Saturday? We were in Topeka Saturday, and it got pretty bad for awhile. And then we came this | | close to having an accident. But David was able to drive us out of it. How is beyond me (other than God guiding him!), but it sure was scary there for a few moments. We took it slow getting home. I think I'm staying home for the rest of the winter. That was too close for comfort.

Moonshadow said...

Hey, Bob! Our snow didn't last long. Yes, the 3D glasses arrived in GREAT shape. I just have to get the girls the web address so they can have fun using them.

Hi, Carolyn! Saturday was when these pictures were taken. We didn't get enough for it to be hazerdous though. We're further south and west so it left here pretty quickly. Glad to here that made it home safely after the scary incendent. I prefer staying in when the weather's bad.