Random Acts of Living


Friday, July 18, 2008

NO, It's NOT a Cattle Chute!

Earlier in the year my daughter brought me the remains of the frame for the safety net that was on their trampoline. We discussed the possibility of making some sort of shelter using them but didn't get any details. After finding I had source for pallets I decided that I could create half walls the width of the frame with them and then slide the frame inside the pallet and have a pretty stable structure. I could get the pallet for free and I had a pile of metal fence posts so all I needed to purchase was a large tarp to cover it all. With four frame pieces my structure turned out fairly long and thin and I had more than one person ask why I was building a cattle chute in my back yard....
I thought I had taken a picture of it before putting the tarp on but I don't find one. Below is a picture from the front....
...this is looking at it from the street. I put a "doorway" on either side at opposite ends. Not too bad for the cost, though, don't you think?
This is a later picture with the back flap down, I had lowered both sides when storm had come in. It suffered some wind damage and I do have some repairs that I need to make on the tarp where it attaches to the frame for the awning. Tarps often don't last long in the Kansas wind if it can get up under them.
If you notice, in the picture above, there is an electrical outlet inside the structure also. This is also the reason I haven't gotten a lot of posts up on my blog lately. I've been spending a lot of time out in the yard.
Wednesday the grandson from Wichita was out to visit and he always calls his buddy over, the grandson that played ball this summer. I told him to ask if the girls could come over too, so they could swim....

...to be continued...

No comments: