Random Acts of Living


Thursday, December 24, 2009

Turkey & Cream Cheese Snack Sandwiches

For our Golden Wheat AHSGR Christmas party I mixed up cream cheese with turkey and some other ingredients. I didn't have a specific recipe, I just got online to see what kind of mixtures I could find and what the main ingredients were. I had many requests for my 'recipes' so I promised I would write a blog post the next time I prepared them. I was thinking seasonal colors when I looked for ingredient blends. For green I knew I had some Deans guacamole in the refrigerator and was pleased to find many cream cheese fillings using guacamole. I don't have any measurements but in this filling I used One package cream cheese, lightly melted, half an onion and half a bell pepper, chopped, and half a pound deli turkey. A also added a little dried cilantro and some salad seasoning.
Mix well and refrigerate to let all the flavors blend together.
For red I thought about cranberries and most of the recipes I found for cream cheese and cranberries also called for honey mustard and Miracle Whip. For this batch I used craisins and a blue berry/cherry mix which I soaked in hot water before using. Again lightly melt the cream cheese to make it easier to mix, add a couple tablespoons Miracle Whip, 3 or 4 teaspoons of honey mustard. Then add diced apple and berry mix. Mix in the other half pound of turkey.
This mixture has a nice pink hue that doesn't show real well in this picture. Again refrigerate.
Christmas morning I will make sandwiches that I will quarter and put on a platter to take to my daughter's house in the afternoon.


Edit 12/29/09: A modification to the recipe HERE

No comments: