Random Acts of Living


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Surprise!

The Princess had another basketball game yesterday but it was away and I did not attend. Instead I had her brother and sister for the morning and her parents took her. She came home with a teammate so her mom and dad could go shopping so I had all three. Another grandson arrived around 2pm. At suppertime I brought their food out to the studio where they were playing games with K-monster helping them out.
Here are the kids at the table with the place mats they made from old Christmas cards.
Since I had most of the grandchildren there I decided this would be an opportune time to through a belated birthday party for the grandson who's birthday is in November. Peoples schedules seem to keep getting in the way of having his party so I had frozen his birthday cake. The picture below has been photo shopped, not only to eradicate the name but to fix the frosting across the front. Prior to freezing all the frosting across the front just fell off. There's a small section on the back corner above the 'y' that did the same.
Here's the birthday boy with his cake and candles. I didn't have any birthday candles so I used tea light.
After singing "Happy Birthday" and blowing out the candles he opened his presents.
He really liked his matchbox cars. Now he and his cousin each had their own set.
There were several items in the birthday bag, I didn't see what all it was.
The last present for tonight. Last night we had given him his card and Chipmunk movie from I and his Grandpa.
A Nerf gun. If he'd been over at his aunt's house they could have had a Nerf gun shoot out.
After the presents they all had cake and ice cream. I believe he was pleasantly surprised and it all worked out quite well for not having been planned. A very nice surprise indeed.

2 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

A very nice surprise for him I am sure... he had no clue it was happening that day! :)

Moonshadow said...

LOL - WE had no idea it was happening that day. But it all worked out wonderfully.