Random Acts of Living


Saturday, August 15, 2009

My First Potato Harvest

It's not much, but I actually wasn't sure if I was going to get any at all. First I planted them really late and then I really didn't fill the tire tater towers as sufficiently as I really should have and one of the plants rotted out and died. I'll do better next year.
Before long I should have more tomatoes that I know what to do with. See all the green tomatoes on the two plants below? These are yellow tomato plants.
I've got a good crop of Roma tomatoes on the one plant. The other Roma tomato plant is the scrawny, sickly one I wrote about a few posts back.
There were more pretty pink moss roses on the plants in the window box on the playhouse.
It was really pretty out today, not too terribly hot. Tomorrow we're suppose to have rain.

No comments: