Random Acts of Living


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Pretty Green Basket

I wish I could give everyone one of these, but this one is going to my mom and dad. My garden is starting to produce a variety of vegetables and most of this was harvested this morning.
My tomatoes aren't ripe yet so I've included 2 green yellow tomatoes, 2 cucumbers, 1 onion, 1 zucchini, a batch of green beans, several snow peas, a bag of leaf lettuce and a bag of arugula. Mom ought to be able to make up a nice little salad and side dishes with those. Sorry I don't have enough for everyone, it was fun putting it together.

4 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Wow, your basket runneth over, our tomatoes are still little baby ones.

Moonshadow said...

My tomato plants have all really bushed out and there's lots of tiny tomatoes everywhere. They don't appear to be getting very large though. This weather has been so strange. High heat and then it will cool off for a few days. Seems about the time I decided to water it rains later the same day. Wish I could figure out how to combat the bugs without using poisins. They're my biggest problem.

poefusion said...

Your vegetables look really good. I'm sure your parents will appreciate the gift. Hope all is well.

Moonshadow said...

Michelle - I love my fresh veggies. Mom carried on about my having cleaned up the corn before bringing it to her.