Random Acts of Living


Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Grandson's Birthday

Another grandson had a birthday on Saturday. This grandson lives out of town, so he came out on Friday and stayed the night at our home with another of our grandson's, his cousin. These boys have been buddies since they were old enough to buddy around, being only months apart in age. Whenever the birthday boy comes to town the first thing he does is ask for the phone so he can call his best friend to come over. The boys had a grand time and on Saturday I had grandpa take the boys to our local pizza parlor, Redz, for pizza so I could load things up in the car to go to my daughters where we were having his party. He knew nothing of the party.
I do believe he was surprised to find he had birthday cake and all that goes with it...

I had also got cupcakes with Transformer rings because I wasn't sure how many people were going to come...
It wasn't quite time for the party when they had finished up eating pizza, so we were still waiting on my parents to arrive. My brother had called and his grandkids were sick so they weren't going to be there. While they were waiting, the children all went out to play. It was cold, but the sun was shining and as long as they kept moving, I don't think they felt the cold.
They got the Nerf guns other equipment that goes with them and chased each other around the yard.
It wasn't long before everyone had arrived, but the kids were having fun outside and they were burning off energy, so we all sat and relaxed and let them play for a while.
Dad sat in the big comfy chair in the living room.
After a while we called them in for cake and ice cream. Blow out the candles! Just not till after I get a picture.
Then on to the table full of presents....
He got a lot of things that he really liked. His dad later said that he would have kept watching the new movie, Wall-E all night if he would have let him.
And he always likes his new T-shirts.


Happy Birthday, Grandson! I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Anita said...

What great pictures! Everyone looks like they're having so much fun! What a great post... Happy belated birthday to the birthday boy!

Moonshadow said...

Thanks for stopping by, Anita. The cousins always have a great time whenever they get together. I wish I had lived so close to my cousins growing up.