Random Acts of Living

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What a Busy, Cold, Saturday

Saturday morning stated with the younger grandson's (in town) having a soccer game. I had started to put on my long heavy coat and changed my mind because I was going to be sitting in the dil's car to watch. Our soccer field has no bleachers. I put on my sweater coat instead, it WAS 5o degrees. You can see in the picture below how dark the western sky was. The kids were feeling pretty comfortable at this point.
The grandson is in blue and pretty much in the center of both of these pictures.
Here's a picture of his sister, PK, watching the game. Note the blue sky with white clouds behind her to the south.
The grandson had a good game. It ended in a tie, 1 to 1.
You can see all the pictures that were taken Here

Next on the field was the Princess and her team. She's the one in the pink stockings.
Just the Princess and the ball...
...you GO, Girl! She has her own new pink soccer ball that she's been practicing with.
During her game it started getting really cold. Below you see her trying to warm up while sitting on the bench.
To see all the pictures from her game click HERE
After the Princess' game the three came to my house and at 2pm the grandson had a birthday party to go to downtown. They were going to have the party in the park, but with it turning so cold and windy they changed it to inside the fire station.

At 3pm we took PK to the park for the annual city Easter Egg Hunt. It was windy cold. The Easter bunny was there for photo ops.
Here she got her friend to get in on the picture.
Santa has his sleigh and reindeer, ever wonder how the Easter Bunny gets around?
Let the hunt begin! Here's the dil doing a double point...
It doesn't take long for mom to get in the way of picking up candy foil wrapped chocolate eggs.
They're everywhere...
...both girls have no problem with picking these up, now if only picking up toys were done so eagerly.
A nice little bucket of eggs.
For all the Easter Egg Hunt pictures click HERE
Since their mom had to work and their dad was already at work the girls stayed with me. It was the perfect opportunity to get into the string bracelet kit that my mom sent out for them. First I showed them how to cut the strings...
...then I showed them how to do the weaving.
At 4pm I went and picked up the grandson from his party and at 6pm the dil came to pick them up. The girls had already decided that they were going to stay the night so the grandson was the only one that went home with the dil. At bedtime the girls asked for ice cream so I got out all the syrups and sprinkles and they wanted them ALL!
I thought the colors were pretty so I had to get a picture before they added the colored marshmallows and whipped cream.
This was only a part of my busy day, there were meals and other things too, but this was all that I took pictures of. Hope all of you had busy, wonderful weekends with family.


Bob Johnson said...

I can hardly wait till I get grandkids.

Moonshadow said...

They're certainly a joy, Bob. And they grow up way too fast. What great time you'll have with grandkids, awwing them with visions of space.