Random Acts of Living


Sunday, December 2, 2007

Busy Weekend

Sure wish I could figure out what's causing the problem or conflict in my computer. I can't record video in any of my main programs for recording video. I have a TV card and an editing program, both of which I have done this in before. I can watch the video, whether it's TV or my camcorder, but when I attempt to record it stutters. I would have some really funny videos to post if I could only get this working. I'd also get a lot of other projects done if my equipment would function like it's suppose to work. What's even more frustrating is that I call phone numbers that are supplied for support and no one answers, or I get an automated system that doesn't give me the options I need. So... I'm left with having to tell you how my Friday went down.




Friday was scheduled to be another BoxABuddy at McGraws in Hutchinson KS with my son and I setting up as T&S Mobile Projectors. We got there before opening to get our equipment set up when I overheard that there were problems with BoxABuddy being held. Long story short, BoxABuddy was cancelled, BUT a creative manager came up with some Sumo suits and the evening proceeded on a much more hilarious note than usual. Though it didn't turn out as well as what they had hoped for with BoxABuddy, the evening still was not a total loss and I think people had a lot of fun. I have some video from this that I plan on posting as soon as I figure out how I'm going to go about doing this.

.

.

Saturday I spent the majority of the day crocheting. I had suggested to the Golden Wheat AHSGR board that we get a prayer shawl for our past president to comfort her as she faces the challenge of battling cancer. Another member was going to see about getting the shawl, but that plan fell through, so if we were going to present her one on Sunday, it needed to be made Saturday. So, neglecting everyone and everything else, I spent the day crocheting.

3 comments:

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend the day, and for a good cause.

And, it looks like the Sumo wrestling was fun to watch.

Anita said...

The whole shawl in one day? Sounds like pressure... my hands would have ached somethin' fierce crocheting that much... lol
Hope with all the changes that you enjoyed your weekend anyway! :)

Moonshadow said...

Wendy - Only one problem with the shawl, working so fast attention to detail gets neglected and by the time I got to the end of it I was 5 stitches short and there was no time to fix it. The sumo wrestling was hilarious, especially watching them stuff oversized men/boys into these stiff vinyl suits. Once they fall down they're pretty much "stuck", like a beached whale. There were a couple of girls that suited up and they started dancing in the suits, this is what I REALLY want to get uploaded and put online. I may work on doing that today.

Anita - I'm surprised my hands held up. One Christmas I decided to crochet small afghans for all six of the kids and at one point when I first started out, my hand swoll up and the muscle got stiff. It was quite painful. The end problem I had was sitting for long lengths of time in hard chairs (dining room table type) irritated my back/hip and laid me up for months.