Random Acts of Living


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Baby It's HOT Outside!

We're under a heat advisory and it's so hot that the grandkids are in the AC instead of the pool. I've been getting up early to water and tend to my garden and yard. Not doing ANY yard work afternoon till it starts cooling down.

My zucchini have started producing. The plants this year are growing like I remember the first zucchini I ever planted. Tighter and bushier. The zucchini plants the past couple of years spread out more, like vines.
I've got everything planted pretty tight, as usual. My 'three sisters' beds are REALLY tight. That would be corn in the four corners, acorn squash in the middle and pole beans between the corn. We'll just have to see how they do.
The birdhouse gourd vines are really taking off. The flowers on these are quite interesting.
I think 4th of July was the last rain we've had. There have been stormy looking clouds, but no storms. Not here anyway. The cloud below looked a lot brighter when I first saw it. By the time I got back with my camera it was a bit more subdued.
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I've been trying to get the grands over to swim in the pool as often as they can. I think PK would live in the pool if we let her. She's quite the little swimmer.

No comments: