Random Acts of Living


Saturday, September 13, 2008

That's the Breaks on the Mend....

Finally got a break from the rain and venture out with my camera to get a picture of the grandson's cast. I rather surprised him (and his family) because they weren't expecting me. The boy likes blue...
...he seems to be getting around a lot better since they put the cast on. Appears to be a lot more relaxed.
While I was there my son was showing me his revamped game system and that he now had classic Atari games available to play. He started playing Centipede when the movement on the TV caught their cat's attention...
BTW, this cat's name is Psycho. She earned her name, there weren't a lot of people that she would allow to touch her and some people she flat went off on. In the last year she's actually gotten friendly and cuddly.

7 comments:

Anita said...

My cats LOVE to watch television... lol Cats are really cool, but even with 4 of them I'm still a dog person!
Glad to hear your grandson is getting along well... ATARI!! I had one of those back in the dark ages... how fun! :)

Alice said...

He still looks a bit sad, poor kid. Having everyone sign his cast must have given him a lift though. I don't even like looking at the xray of his leg and imagining how much he's been through.

Peter said...

Hi! I remember my broken leg when I was just a lad. Unlike your grandsons cast, it was an extremely heavy plaster cast. I also remember getting mums knitting needle and scratching the insides to relieve the constant itch. Has he learnt how to do that yet? Missing knitting needles may give you a clue!

Take Care,
Peter

Anita said...

BTW - you have an award at Prairie Dreams this morning! :)

Moonshadow said...

Anita - you DO know that cats are actually aliens, Right? What was your favorite Atari game. I got pretty good at Journey (the one game we couldn't seem to find on the set up in the picture).

Alice - He's not sad, he was just concentrating on watching the game and whining that he wanted to play. He's gotten a little spoiled with all attention he's been getting.

Peter - I don't think his mom owns any knitting needles. But I've heard of plenty of people using knitting needles for just that, itching under a cast. Yea, these newer casts are a lot lighter weight than the old plaster ones.

Moonshadow said...

Wow, Anita! You jumped in and commented while I was in the process of commenting back to the first three comments. I'll got check it out now.

Bob Johnson said...

I knew about cats being aliens,lol. I remember playing Centipede on Atari.

Good to hear about the leg being on the mend, did you sign the cast?