Random Acts of Living


Thursday, March 30, 2017

Sloppy Cucumber Sandwich

Sad and disappointed in Facebook. My "Food" album has been AWOL for the past few days. All the pictures, recipes, nutrition info, comments, years of sharing.... GONE! So... back to my good ole standby, my blog. Well, on with the show.

Cucumber Sandwich



1 tbsp Kroger - Neufchatel Cheese - 33% Less Fat Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Fat Free - Plain
1 tbsp Miracle Whip lite
1 tsp It's a Dilly seasoning
1 tbsp Onion Raw - diced
1/2 c (4 oz) English Cucumber - Seedless - diced
1 tbsp (.5 oz) Kroger - Fresh Mozzarella - shredded

2 leaves Romaine Lettuce or .5 oz baby spinach
1 Kroger sandwich slims - whole wheat

Heat the cream cheese for about 10 or 12 seconds, just to soften. Add and thoroughly mix the yogurt, Miracle Whip and seasoning. It's better if you can let it set over night, but not necessary. Add the diced onion and cucumber. Melt the mozzarella on one piece of the sandwich slim (I like to wilt the lettuce and spinach along with this). Top with the cucumber mix and the second half of the slim. You could possibly make two sandwiches with this but I was eating it all.

Only a slight difference when using Romaine or spinach.

with spinach...

Making the sandwich...

One set back to making this, "It's a Dilly", a McCormick seasoning was discontinued a while back...


I had searched and searched to find somewhere, anywhere to order this. I love that it is salt free. I love the dill flavor. I did find another company picked it up but they must have added gold to the ingredients because their price was high and THEN there was added shipping. Searching more I came across a forum that was discussing the same regrets that I was having and one of the member posted their answer to the problem. A recipe that they came up with for DIY It's A Dilly seasoning. 


I reduced the recipe and used a dash of cayenne pepper instead of ground black. I also ground some dill seed for a stronger dill flavor. But I think this is going to work for me.


Oh! One other hint, the fresh mozzarella has less sodium but it's also REALLY soft. Because I wasn't using it up very fast I froze it. Shredding fresh mozzarella is much easier if it's frozen.

Let me know if you liked my sandwich and if you tried one yourself. What did you do differently or if you have any questions.

No comments: