Random Acts of Living


Friday, August 1, 2008

On The Road Again

Left to attend another family reunion yesterday. This time it's on my husband's side of the family. Started out poorly with our car not being ready, there was a possibility that we were going to have to rent a vehicle if we were going to go. But Lubber's in Cheney KS pulled through for us and got us on the rode, assured that our car was fit for the journey. Stayed the night in Goodland KS, this is where my mother and her family lived for many years. This is where mom lived when she met my dad.
We stayed at the Motel 6 and for the cost, we were pleased with the accommodations. Our room entrance had a large flatbed sitting in front of it, but that was just a minor inconvenience. That's our room with the door open.
Toto! I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore!

The Colorado sky sent me a message of Love with this lovely cloud heart. It was much better shaped when I first saw it but it took me a moment to grab my camera, and I was driving.

Here's a closer shot,but it started to fall apart even more.
The hubby didn't think it such a good idea that I try to drive and take pictures, so he took the camera and started shooting. Below is a new church that he assures me is "so new, God doesn't even know it's there."
Can you see the mountains starting to show in the horizon? It was a bit hazy, so they were difficult to see.
There's a better view, but still in the haze.
Here it's a bit clearer. Do you see the Denver Sheriff in front of me?
O.K. Now you can see them a lot better. We've reached our exit and not far from our lodging.
Here's a picture of a yellow bug on the roof of a building.
All for today. Not sure how much I'm going to be able to post, the reunion starts tomorrow. May not get anything more up till after it's over.

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

hope you guys had a safe trip!

Bob Johnson said...

Good luck with the reunion, great shots of the Mountains.

Anita said...

Virtual Road Trip! Cool!

We're really wanting to go see Rick's dad (who is in really bad health) in Pueblo, but there's just no funds for the trip...

Be safe while you're out there...