Random Acts of Living


Thursday, April 6, 2017

Comfort Food Revisted

Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes are one of those meals from my childhood. Still good, just reworked.


Calories-196kcal Carbs-25g Fat-2g Protein-19g Sodium-210mg Sugar-7g

Now it's Turkey Meatloaf and Scalloped Zucchini & Potatoes. I could have peeled the zucchini which would have made it look more like the traditional scalloped potatoes, but why waste the zucchini peel? I don't really have a meatloaf recipe but I did measure my ingredients to be able to get a nutrition count. Pretty much the standard list; ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, celery leaves, whole wheat bread crumbs, low sodium ketchup, mustard, low sodium Worcestershire sauce, Mrs Dash original, Sriracha Cha, flax (instead of egg), and no salt added diced tomato (canned). I cooked it in the crock pot lined with parchment paper. An hour before it was to be served I brushed the top with ketchup mixed with Worcestershire sauce. When it was time to serve it I picked it up out of the pot with the edges of the parchment paper and set it on the cutting board. The turkey meat was lean and there was very little moisture in the bottom of the pot. I need to experiment a little more with seasoning to give it more flavor, but it was good. 

No comments: