Random Acts of Living


Sunday, April 23, 2017

Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese on a Tortilla

A while back one of the local news programs featured grilled cheese sandwiches during the food portion of their show. One of the sandwiches contained Pesto. This caught my attention because I've been looking for ideas to use the Celery & Almond Pesto that I made. So this is what I came up with.



Grilled Tortilla - Calories-287kcal Carbs-19g Fat-14g Protein-26g Sodium-364mg Sugar-2g

Broccoli - Calories-23kcal Carbs-5g Fat-0g Protein-2g Sodium-18mg Sugar-0g

I mixed a chopped up 3 oz. skinless chicken tender with a serving of my Pesto (linked above) and 1/4 cup Kroger shredded Mexican blend cheese. I heated up my little copper/ceramic fry pan and lightly sprayed it with canola oil. I placed a 6 in white corn tortilla in it and topped it with my mixture. Heat till the tortilla starts to brown and is soft enough to fold in half. It's rather stuffed so you have to do this carefully. I lightly browned both sides of the tortilla before plating. Top with a tablespoon of salsa. I use Newman's Own because it is low sodium. This will have to make a repeat performance, it was delicious.

No comments: