Random Acts of Living


Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pesto & Pork

Supper tonight was delicious! Bacon-wrapped pork filet with almond-celery pesto. Baked seasoned radishes and cooked broccoli.
Calories-365kcal Carbs-14g Fat-21g Protein-31g Sodium-497mg Sugar-2g


Our store in Cheney carries these...


...which cook up nicely right out of the freezer in my NuWave oven. I also cooked two small whole potatoes for my husband and four radishes for myself at the same time. These were tossed in a light olive oil and seasoning mix. I topped my pork filet with a pesto that I made a few days ago. I had never eaten pesto, let alone made it before this. I had seen pesto mentioned in a lot of recipes and meals and had some celery greens that I needed to use when I came across a pesto recipe to do this. Most pesto recipes that I saw had a lot of oil in them, this one calls for no oil, I like that too. Not having pine nuts I had to find a substitute for those and found almonds recommended. Here's what I came up with...

Almond-Celery Pesto

1/8 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 c almonds
1/2 c celery leaves diced
1/8 c parsley diced
1/8 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c lemon juice
1/3 c orange pulp

I chopped up the almonds and toasted them in a fry pan with the garlic. Combined the garlic, nuts, celery and parsley in a food processor and mixed on high till a consistent paste. Add cheese lemon and orange and mixed till well blended. I used this on my spaghetti first.


No comments: